MechDrafting chose SolidWorks 2018 Standard for a 3d CAD/CAM Software. SolidWorks is a parametric featured based CAD software that brings a sketch to the real world.
A brief feature list of SolidWorks 2018 Standard :
- 3D CAD – Create sophisticated part and assembly designs quickly and efficiently with SOLIDWORKS 3D design software. Powerful, easy-to-use design capabilities combined with a range of tools for drawing creation, design analysis, cost estimation, rendering, animation, and file management create an intuitive system for developing innovative products that make you more productive, lowers costs, and accelerates your time-to-market.
- Part and Assembly Modeling – Handle all aspects of your part and assembly modeling with the SOLIDWORKS 3D design system for transforming ideas and concepts into virtual 3D models. For conceptual design, create 3D designs quickly using imported images, simple sketches, or scanned 3D data, and then add more details as the design evolves. Assembly structure planning lets you quickly lay out your design assembly structure and then export to SOLIDWORKS for automatically creating CAD files. Direct model editing lets you manipulate and modify 3D geometry working directly on 3D CAD models.
- 2D Drawings – Create production-ready 2D drawings that are always current and clearly communicate how your design should be manufactured and assembled. SOLIDWORKS associativity links a 2D drawing directly with a 3D solid model so updates to the 3D model can be automatically reflected in the 2D drawing. SOLIDWORKS accelerates your design process, saving time and development costs while increasing productivity.
- Design Reuse and Automation – Leverage existing engineering data to create new designs and speed up new product development. With SOLIDWORKS, a range of tools helps you reuse existing 3D CAD models and 2D drawings, which accelerates your design process, saves time and development costs, and increases productivity. SOLIDWORKS search, automation, and configuration tools simplify the reuse of existing design data to create new designs.
- Collaborate and Share CAD Data – SOLIDWORKS product collaboration tools help members of your design team work closely with other project stakeholders, outside vendors and customers. You can also protect proprietary design data before sharing it beyond your organization. and to manage project data, and control design revisions. SOLIDWORKS product collaboration tools include many innovative, time saving features such as 3D Interconnect, eDrawings®, and 3D Mark Up of parts and assemblies.
- Interference Check – Before going into production, verify that your parts and assemblies will fit, assemble, and operate correctly with SOLIDWORKS Interference Check. Fully integrated with CAD, you can use Interference Check in 2D and 3D while you design to accelerate your product development process, and analyze tolerances to assess manufacturability.
- First-Pass Analysis Tools – SOLIDWORKS SimulationXpress is a first-pass analysis tool that lets you perform basic stress analysis on individual parts. You can quickly determine effects of force and pressure and generate reports to document results.
- CAM Programming – SOLIDWORKS CAM Standard powered by CAMWorks® is an integrated 2.5-axis milling and 2-axis lathe programming solution. By utilizing the emerging technologies of Model-Based Definition (MBD) and Knowledge-Based Machining (KBM), SOLIDWORKS CAM can rapidly transform your Design-to-Manufacturing process by improving communication, reducing errors, reducing cycle times, and increasing your product quality.
- Design for Manufacturing (DFM) – To ensure your product can be manufactured, SOLIDWORKS provides 3D tools for reviewing your design early in the development process. It is much easier and less costly to correct issues found during the design stage than correcting them during manufacturing planning or after your design is in production.
- Productivity Tools – SOLIDWORKS has a variety of tools designed to make you more productive, including capabilities for design analysis, comparison, checking, and reporting.
- Advanced CAD File Import/Export and 3D Interconnect – SOLIDWORKS provides more than 30 translators to convert incoming CAD data into SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD format or to export SOLIDWORKS data to other CAD products. 3D Interconnect opens most major CAD formats directly in SOLIDWORKS with no need to convert or save the data as a SOLIDWORKS file.